Cardiff City Stadium

Cardiff City Stadium
Home of the Bluebirds

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Rescue turns to recovery

Cautionary note: I realise it has not been confirmed officially but it seems we are looking at a tragic end to this....I HOPE I AM WRONG OF COURSE.




So here we are some 25 hours on from my post yesterday and still no aircraft, still no sign of either passenger and hope begins to fade to sorrow.


It's the strangest sensation when you begin to mourn someone when you don't know for sure if they've even passed away.  They're also someone you've never met and whilst on one hand you know it makes little sense, what in this world does?


On a footballing level, Sala represented a new hope, Cardiff City have been up against it in recent weeks and he was to be our saviour.  He represented a renewed effort from the Bluebirds to prove the critics wrong and achieve mission impossible avoiding relegation.


On another altogether more important level he is a young man in the prime of his life and excited to make the next step into the world's spotlight.  Couple that with a family desperate for information and loved ones and friends incredulous at what's happened and frankly who cares about the football?


This one really hurts and it feels wrong to be saying it, almost as if I have no right to be in mourning for someone I never really knew let alone saw play for my team.


Nevertheless, I don't know what to do but write it all down and hope it all makes sense one day.


My prayer was that they were found alive and well but now it seems that isn't a realistic option.  It's got to the stage where I'm refreshing twitter just hoping they've located the aircraft and the families can finally know what's happened.


I'm not interested at the moment in who is to blame and whether it could have been stopped, all I care about now is  finding them and allowing their families to begin to move forward with the process.


Sala, you will always be the one that got away and it'll always be the greatest pain to everyone involved, I can only hope you're both at peace now and the worries of this world are long behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment